Sunday, August 23, 2015

Orientation

Oh My! I am so excited to have made it this far. I have to say the orientation video while easy to follow and had clear objectives was a little daunting. I am quite thrilled to be able to be blogging. Can I be honest? It seems to relieve stress for me. 

I loved how Dr.Parker explained to us that this class is to polish up on our skills before we began to student teach. 

Speaking of,I was able to participate in Open House at my placement school. My clinical educator seemed at ease at allowing me to connect with the students. For Open House we step us an obstacle course, in which the students had to follow arrows where they would complete a task. At arrow led to a chart/graph, and I had the students to fill out the graph based on their personal answers. Some of the questions that were involved with the graph(s) were, What is your birthday month?, What time do you wake up in the morning?, What is your favorite day of the week?, and What is your favorite type of apple? The student had so much fun in being about to talk about their lives to me while my clinical educator spoke with the parents. I was able to interact with the parent in explaining class materials what are needed and what text(s) the students would be using during the year.

I am so excited to begin this year on such a positive note, and I am so ready for Monday to be here so that I am able to go back to the classroom. 

1 comment:

  1. Taylor,
    I am glad to see that you view blogging as a stress reliever. It really can help you to decompress and put things into perspective. I really like the way your CE developed orientation to be a fun activity/challenge for your students.

    In reflecting over the past week, what are some elements that you are going to transfer into your future classroom? What are some things you would change?

    What outside learning resources did you complete?

    ReplyDelete